Canoga Park California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Canoga Park Family History Center is conveniently located near Topanga Blvd. and Sherman Way in the San Fernando Valley. We have six computers that can be used to search 10 Premium Websites, including Ancestry.com, MyHeritage, FindMyPast, Access Newspapers, and other popular genealogical and historical premium websites. We also house a collection of historical and "how to" books, as well as over 1,000 microfilms and microfiche from a variety of U.S. states and foreign countries. We have three microfilm and microfiche readers. It is suggested that you bring a camera or smartphone to take an image from a microform reader, if needed. We have a staff of nine consultants who are able to assist you in learning more about your family history, as well as computer skills. Spanish language assistance is available on most Wednesday evenings.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Address: 7045 Farralone Ave., Canoga Park, CA 91303 United States
- Language: English and Spanish
- Phone: 818-348-8180
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Other hours open by appointment
- Please call 661-755-0539 or E-mail Betty Isbell for additional days or hours. We are here to help and can arrange a time to meet your needs.
- August -- call us or check back here for August vacation schedule
- All major Holidays
- November 21 - December 1, 2019
- December 12, 2019 - January 3, 2020
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Books -- over 100 volumes pertaining to early New England and Eastern U.S. immigration, settlement, and history. Many helpful "How-to" books, including U.S., Great Britain, and other foreign countries.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions - including ANCESTRY.COM, and 15 other popular websites.
Hardware and Equipment
- Six great working computers, two printers, one scanner, 3 microfilm/fiche readers.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties - Spanish language help on Wednesday evenings.[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
- Volunteers are needed. It is a great way to be at the Center and learn more about FamilySearch, Family Tree, and other FamilySearch online services.
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.