Cameron Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
"A Sportman's Paradise"
Cameron Parish Police Jury
PO Box 1280
Cameron, LA 70631
- Named for Simon Cameron, first Secretary of War under Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States
Created 15 March 1870 from Calcasieu and Vermilion Parishes
- Northeast portion set off to create Jefferson Davis Parish 12 June 1912.
Places / Localities
Communities: Big Lake | Cameron | Constance Beach | Creole | Gibbstown | Grand Chenier | Grand Lake | Hackberry | Hacketts Corner | Holly Beach | Illinois Plant | Johnson Bayou | Johnson Bayou Landing | Lone Pine | Lowry | North Island | Oak Grove | Peveto Beach | Sweet Lake
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
Cemeteries (in rural areas)
- The USGenWeb Archives Project:
- Federal: 1870 . 1880 . 1890 . 1900 . 1910 . 1930
- Grand Chenier
- Grand Lake
- Johnson Bayou
- Czechs and Sloavks
- Roman Catholic
Gazetteers of Places/Localities
- United States Geographic Survey Place Names - GNIS for Cameron Parish (over 525 entries)
(may not always be present in alphabetic order on first try.)
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Cameron Parish.
- The Cameron Parish LAGenWeb Project, an member of The LAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cameron Parish.