Cameron Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
|Cameron Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 15, 1870|
|Address|| PO Box 1280|
Cameron, LA 70631
Cameron Parish Clerk of Court Website
Cameron Parish; 119 Smith Rdg; Cameron, LA 70631-0549; Ph. 337.775.5316 Details: (Par Clk has m, div, pro, ct & land rec from 1870 & mil dis rec from 1918
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 Thanks to the Cameron Parish Wiki Contributors
- 8 References
LSU Special Collection: "The Courthouse still Stands after Hurricane Audrey"
- Named for Simon Cameron, first Secretary of War under Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States
- 1870--Cameron Parish was created 15 March 1870 from Calcasieu and Vermilion Parishes.
Parish seat: Cameron 
- Northeast portion set off to create Jefferson Davis Parish 12 June 1912.
- See an interactive map of Cameron Parish boundary changes. (map also shows parish boundaries for census years)
Places / Localities
Communities: Big Lake | Cameron | Constance Beach | Creole | Gibbstown | Grand Chenier | Grand Lake | Hackberry | Hacketts Corner | Holly Beach | Illinois Plant | Johnson Bayou | Johnson Bayou Landing | Lone Pine | Lowry | North Island | Oak Grove | Peveto Beach | Sweet Lake
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
|Cameron Parish Census Data|
Cemeteries (in rural areas)
Cemeteries at Cameron Par. - LAGenWeb
- The USGenWeb Archives Project:
- Federal: 1870 . 1880 . 1890 . 1900 . 1910 . 1930
- Grand Chenier
- Grand Lake
- Johnson Bayou
- Czechs and Sloavks
- Roman Catholic
Gazetteers of Places/Localities
- United States Geographic Survey Place Names - GNIS for Cameron Parish (over 525 entries)
(may not always be present in alphabetic order on first try.)
Cameron Parish, La. - LAGenWeb
LSU Special Collection
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Cameron Parish.
- The Cameron Parish LAGenWeb Project, an member of The LAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cameron Parish.
- Cameron Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Thanks to the Cameron Parish Wiki Contributors
Contributors are people who write and edit the pages for FamilySearch Wiki. Thanks to the following contributors for helping to build this page (in alpha order). Anyone can be a contributor. Add content today!
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.