Camden County, New Jersey Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:28, 22 August 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
"Making It Better, Together"
Board of Freeholders
Camden County Courthouse
520 Market Street
Camden, NJ 08102
- Created 13 March 1844 from Gloucester County.
- 1871, Monroe twp. & most of Washington twp. to Gloucester County
- 1902, part of Waterford twp. to Burlington County
- 1926, part of Washington twp., Gloucester County added to Gloucester twp. of Camden County
- 1938, boundary with Atlantic County clarified
- 1950, part from Gloucester Co.
Places / Localities
- Boroughs: Audubon . Audubon Park . Barrington . Bellmawr . Berlin . Brooklawn . Chesilhurst . Clementon . Collingswood . Gibbsboro . Haddon Heights . Haddonfield . Hi-Nella . Laurel Springs . Lawnside . Lindenwold . Magnolia . Merchantville . Mount Ephraim . Oaklyn . Pine Hill . Pine Valley . Runnemede . Somerdale . Stratford . Tavistock . Woodlynne
- Cities: Camden . Gloucester
- Townships: Berlin . Cherry Hill . Gloucester . Haddon . Pennsauken . Voorhees . Waterford . Winslow
- Communities: Ashland . Barclay-Kingston . Blackwood . Cherry Hill Mall . Echelon . Erial . Erlton-Ellisburg . Glendora . Golden Triangle . Greentree . Kirkwood . Sicklerville . Springdale . West Berlin
- Historical Townships: Centre . Clementon . Delaware . Newton . Stockton . Union
Gazetteers of Places/Localities
- United States Geographic Survey Place Names - GNIS for Camden County (over 900 entries)
(may not always be present in alphabetic order on first try.)
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Camden County
- The Camden County NJGenWeb Project, an member of The NJGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.