Camden County, Missouri Genealogy
|Camden County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 29, 1841|
|Address|| Camden County Courthouse|
1 Court Circuit
Camdenton, MO 65020
Camden County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Records has marriage and divorce records from 1902;
Probate Judge has probate records from 1902; Clerk Circuit Court
has court records from 1902; Tompkins Abstract Office has land records
See an interactive map of Camden County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
Village of Four Seasons
These sites contain lists of many of the cemeteries in Camden, as well as photographs and lists of burials.
For tips on accessing Camden County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
Camden County Missouri contained many churches over the years. Many small local churches were created and disbanded over the years. Known churches currently include.
Missionary Baptist Churches in Mack's Creek
The first known congregation was originally organized in September 1873 and held meetings in private homes and in the Mack's Creek School House until August 1880. For some reason this group disbanded in 1880. Founding members included Ben Allison, Martha Allison, Alfred Catron, Sarah Catron, Lucinda Catron, George Catron, George Heffner, and Elders Joe Miller, L.J. Tatum, and W.W. Palmer.
The same month this congregation disbanded, another Missionary Baptist Church was formed in Mack's Creek. This church continued until 1886. Known members were Elders J.M. Russell, J.M. Stincipher, and William West, as well as members J.E. Fowler and A.W. Kain.
The present Mack's Creek Missionary Baptist Church was organized on January 24, 1910.
There were eight different Baptist meetings in and around Macks Creek.
Source: "The Builders, A History of Mack's Creek 1872-1972." Mack's Creek Lions Club
Other Camden County Churches:
- Map of Camden County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Camden County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers from the early 1900's covering local news that included residents from Camden County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- The Camden County Genealogical Association was formed in 2004 and meets the third Saturday of every other month at the Camden County Library in Camdenton.
- Camden County Genealogical Association
Post Office Box 3316
Camdenton, MO 65020
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. http://camden.mogenweb.org/
- More Camden County Missouri: Local History information, marriage records, photographs, newspapers, and family information http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jgood/
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Camden County, Missouri. Page 398 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).