Camarillo California Family History Center
The Camarillo California Family History Center is dedicated to providing education and support for the family history community in the the eastern Ventura County area and is centrally located in Camarillo near the 101 Freeway and the Camarillo City Offices. We are open to help search for YOUR ancestors and have staff willing to guide your search. Our services are free of charge. We have computers to access many databases online and have microfilm readers to view films from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City for a nominal charge.
Location & Map:
- 1201 Paseo Camarillo, Camarillo, California 93010. From the 101 Freeway, exit on Carmen Drive. Northbound, turn right (north); Southbound, turn left (north). Turn left at the second light. We are just passed the park on the right.
- Park near the south-west entrance of the church facing the street. Ring the bell twice - located in the upper right hand corner of the door frames. The Family History Center is straight down the hall, about half-way down on the left.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Tuesday 10:00am to 2:00pm, Wednesday 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Thursday, Friday, Second Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed during Ventura County Fair - See us there!
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Generally the second Sunday evening at 6:30pm. Anyone is welcome to attend.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Microfilm: See our Camarillofhc.blogspot.com for a complete listing of microfilm kept at our center.
- Databases and Software: free copy of Personal Ancestral File software; access to many types of software useful for family history. Pedigree Resource File CDs
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
- Hardware and Equipment: We now have the capacity to capture digital images of microfilm pages; save it digitally or print it out. Computers and microfilm readers are available for your use. Printers and copiers are also available.
Resources in the Local Area
Ventura County Historical Society meets _______________ in Ventura.
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for volunteers who can spend 3-4 hours a week helping patrons. We will train you - you do not need to be an expert to be very useful in our center.