California Indian Agency (California)
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
A few administrative records of the California Agency, 1924-1949, are in the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration in San Francisco, including Indian family assistance case records, 1924-1948.
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1907 thru 1915. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, rolls 12-14. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm numbers 573858-573860). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
- Guide to Federal Records, Record Group 75, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998, Microcopy 595, p. 51
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online