From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:21, 2 May 2009 by DiltsGD (create page)
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
California, a western U.S. state. It may also refer to:
- United States
- California City, Kern, California
- California, Campbell, Kentucky
- California, Louisville, a neighborhood in Louisville, Kentucky
- California, Maine
- California, St. Mary's, Maryland
- California, Branch, Michigan
- California, Moniteau, Missouri
- California, Dare, North Carolina
- California, Hamilton, Ohio
- California, Bucks, Pennsylvania
- California, New Brunswick
- Lower California (New Brunswick)
- California, Lanark County, Ontario
- California, Leeds and Grenville County, Ontario
- New California, Ontario
- Baja California, one of the 31 states of Mexico. Formerly known as North Territory of Baja California.
- Baja California Sur, one of the 31 states of Mexico. Formerly known as South Territory of Baja California.
- Baja California Peninsula, or Lower California peninsula, a peninsula of North America in the west of Mexico.
- Gulf of California, the body of water between Baja California Peninsula and the rest of Mexico, also called Sea of Cortez.
- Central America
- California, Usulután, El Salvador
- California, Trinidad, a settlement in central Trinidad and Tobago
- Califórnia, a municipality in Paraná, Brazil
- California, Santander, a municipality in the Santander Department, Colombia
- California, Lecco, Lombardy
- Campofiorenzo-California, Lecco, Lombardy
- California, Castelfranco Emilia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
- La California, a village in the municipality of Bibbona in Tuscany, province of Livorno
- California, Lesmo, Milan
- Nouva California, Ardea, Rome
- California, Gosaldo, locality in the province of Belluno
- The Netherlands:
- Californië (Gelderland), a tiny settlement
- Californië (Limburg), a tiny settlement
- United Kingdom:
- California Republic, a short-lived independent state founded by American rebels against Mexico in 1846
- Alta California, the northern part of the California region of New Spain and Mexico, formed as a separate territory in 1804 and acquired by the United States in 1848.
- Baja California (territory), the southern part of the California region of New Spain and Mexico, formed as a separate territory in 1804. In 1930 the territory was separated into North and South territories.
- Las Californias, the wider region along the west coast of North America during Spanish and Mexican rule.
- Island of California, an early geographical misconception that the Baja California Peninsula was an island.