Calhoun County, Texas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:03, 3 January 2011 by Oldnews (added local histories)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The county was named for John Caldwell Calhoun (March 18, 1782 – March 31, 1850), 7th Vice President of the United States
Places / Localities
- Shifting Sands of Calhoun County, Texas, 1980 by the Calhoun County Historical Commission.
- "Looking Back" Scrapbook for Calhoun County and Matagorda Bay, Texas
- A History of Indianola, by Lelia Seelingson. Brief history of Indianola, beginning with the arrival of La Salle. Read the book online from The Portal to Texas History.
- Calhoun County History from The Handbook of Texas Online.
- TEXAS Genweb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).