Calhoun County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Calhoun County Courthouse
315 W Green St.
Marshall, MI 49068
Phone: (269) 781-0730
Fax: (269) 781-0720
County Clerk has birth, marriage, death and court records from 1867,
burial records from 1952, naturalization records from 1918,
military discharge records from 1919 and election records from 1972.
Probate Court has probate records. 
1829--St. Joseph County was created 1829 from unorganized territory.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Battle Creek
Civil War service men from Calhoun County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Calhoun County.
- - 12th Regiment, Michigan Infantry, Companies D and H
- Birth Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Marriage Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Death Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom. Also more information at Michigan Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
- Michigan Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records) This index covers events from 1822 through 1995.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Calhoun County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Calhoun County, Michigan page 344, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).