Calgary Alberta Fish Creek Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Friendly staff willing to help you research your ancestors.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 14540 Parkland Blvd S.E. Calgary.
- After turning into the Parking lot turn right, go around the corner of the building. Park by the first door. Ring doorbell - a Family History Centre worker will come and welcome you in.
- [http://maps.google.com/maps?q=14540+Parkland+Boulevard+Southeast,+Calgary,+Alberta,+Canada&hl=en&ll=50.919268,-114.025555&spn=0.019317,0.045447&sll=33.559134,-82.12615&sspn=0.025534,0.045447&vpsrc=6&z=15 Location on Map
Phone: 403 225 9739
Open Hours: Tuesday 9 a.m - Noon, 6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
Wednesday 6.30 p.m - 9.30 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - Noon, 6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
Holiday Schedule: Please phone to verify holiday hours during July and August and Christmas closing.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- 4 Film Readers. 2 Fiche readers. 1 Film reader/printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)