Burlingham St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy
BURLINGHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blofield, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Acle. 
Burlingham St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
One of the three Burlingham parishes the medieval church tower construction can be dated from 1460.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Blofield 1837-1935
- Halvergate 1935-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 180/ 1-5
Images of the parish registers may be viewed online in Historic record Collections (formerly Record Search)
Archdeacons transcripts, 1600-1812
| Baptisms 1600-1607, 1623-1637, 1665-1812 Marriages 1602-1609, 1630-1637, 1665-1812 Burials 1600-1609, 1623-1637, 1665-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526737 Item 2
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
1891 Census Surname Index courtesy of the Norfolk Transcription Archive.
Poor Law Unions
The union consisted of the following parishes: Acle, Beighton, Blofield, Bradestone, Brundall, Buckenham Ferry, Burlingham St Andrew, Burlingham St Edmund, Burlingham St Peter, Cantley, Freethorpe, Halvergate, Hassingham, Hemblington, Limpenhoe, Lingwood, Moulton, Great Plumstead, Little Plumstead, Postwick, Ranworth with Panxworth, Reedham, Southwood, Strumpshaw, Thorpe St Andrew, Tunstall, Upton with Fishley, Walsham St Lawrence, Walsham St Mary, Wickhampton, Witton, Woodbastwick.
Blofield Union was incorporated under the 1834 Act. The Union Workhouse was opened in 1836 at Lingwood. Blofield Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 3 in 1930.
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 6 May 1971 (C/GP2/29) and on unknown dates
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A..,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 437-440.