Burley Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 Calendar and Events
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 224 E 14Th, Burley, Idaho, 83318, United States
- Location on Map
Phone: 1 208-878-7286
Open Hours: Monday: 9am-4pm
Calendar and Events
- FamilySearch Family Tree Training- Taught on Tuesday evenings by Brother Williams at 6:00 p.m. starting on April 2nd, 2013. Or taught on Wednesday mornings by Sister Stevenson at 10:00 a.m. starting on April 3rd, 2013. We will cover all aspects of using the new program FamilySearch Family Tree just released to replace newfamilysearch.org. Come learn all about the new features and options! :Classes will run for 6 weeks and last about one hour per class. Feel free to bring your own laptop, or use one of the centers, if you prefer a more hands-on approach.
Week One- Navigating the Tree
Week Two- Searching and Adding Persons, Using Help, Watches and Discussions
Week Three- Editing and Correcting Information
Week Four- All About Sources
Week Five- Merging and Separating Individuals
Week Six- Temple Ordinances and Photos
No registration is necessary. Come to one or all of the classes as your interest and schedule allows. We will be repeating these classes.
Staff Training Meetings Second Thursday of each month
- Over 9000 Microfilms
- Includes Oakley Eagle and Oakley Herald, 3 & 4 generation records between 1965 & 1976, 600 LDS Films, Wards, ordinances, immigration, Nauvoo & Endowment House, Baptisms and Endowments
- Over 60,000 Microfiche
- Including Oakley Herald 1911-1961
- Obituaries 1987-2010 from Cassia and Minidoka counties including marriages
- Cassia and Minidoka counties death dates 1912-1987.
- Cemetry records, Albion valley cemetery to 1970, Declo cemetary to 2005, Marion cemetary to 2010, Oakley cemetary, Valley Vu cemetry 1863-2005
- Minidoka County marriage records from its inception in 1913 through 2000.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- PAF, Roots Magic, Legacy, Ancestry Quest, Family Search, Family Tree.
- Research Websites - Ancestry.com, Findmypast.com, World vital records.com, Heritage quest + about 10 others. (all are free)
Hardware and Equipment
- 14 computers, 2 printers (1 color), 1 copy machine, 2 scanners
- 10 Microfilm readers
- 1 Fiche reader
- 1 Microfilm & microfiche copier/scanner/printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)