Burke County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:55, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1 (<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1777--Burke County was created 5 February 1777 from St. George Parish. County seat: Waynesboro 
1825 and 1856 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Aiken County, South Carolina
- Allendale County, South Carolina
- Barnwell County, South Carolina
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Burke County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).