Bucknall cum Bagnall, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Bucknall cum Bagnall, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bucknall cum Bagnall, Staffordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Stoke on Trent|
|Registration District||Stoke upon Trent|
|Parish registers: 1758; Separate registers exist for Bagnall beginning 1800|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1758; Separate records exist for Bagnall beginning 1758|
|Rural Deanery||Stoke upon Trent|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
BUCKNALL, with Bagnall (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Stoke-upon-Trent, N. division of the hundred of Pirehill and of the county of Stafford, 1½ mile (E.) from Hanley. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bagnall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BAGNALL PARISH (1607) Online Records|
Bucknall St Mary was formed in 1716 from Bagnall and Bucknall chapelry in Stoke upon Trent, Staffordshire parish.
Bucknall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BUCKNALL PARISH (1762) Online Records|
See also the chapelry and district church of Abbey Hulton St John, Staffordshire
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 424-428. Date accessed: 16 October 2012.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Parish Records - Staffordshire Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8