Broadwater County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Broadwater County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Broadwater County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 9, 1897|
|Address|| Broadwater County Courthouse|
Townsend, MT 59644
Broadwater County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Census
- 2.4 Church Records
- 2.5 Court Records
- 2.6 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.7 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.8 Genealogy
- 2.9 History
- 2.10 Land and Property
- 2.11 Maps
- 2.12 Military
- 2.13 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.14 Newspapers
- 2.15 Obituaries
- 2.16 Probate
- 2.17 Public Records
- 2.18 Repositories
- 2.19 Taxation
- 2.20 Vital Records
- 2.21 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
- Parent County: created 9 February 1897 from Jefferson and Meagher counties
- County Seat: Townsend 
- Neighboring Counties: Gallatin | Jefferson | Lewis and Clark | Meagher
For tips on accessing Broadwater County, Montana Genealogy census records online, see: Montana Census.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- See an interactive map of Broadwater County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
Naturalization and Citizenship
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Butte and Helena newspapers that may include residents of Broadwater County. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk Records has birth and death from 1900, land and military records. Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate, court and naturalization records.
Family History Centers
For early marriages see Western States Marriage Index.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 415.