British Columbia, Canada Genealogy
1. What information do you wish to locate about your ancestor? To choose the sources you need to search first, please click on Record Selection Table, which will help you decide.
2. From the above Record Selection Table, which sources do you wish to check in this province? To check the availability of your sources of interest as well as to check the websites that have them online, please click on this province's SOURCES LINKS TABLE
3. Do you know the location that you wish to search in this province? If so, please check for some possible sources and some online information about your location of interest, by clicking on this province's POPULATED PLACES TABLE A-M or N-Z .
4. For further information regarding your sources of interest, see "TOPICS" ABOVE and click on the source of interest.
Counties and Districts
- BYU Research Guide for British Columbia, Canada
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - British Columbia
- Mary's Genealogy Treasures – great research resource
Wiki articles describing these collections are found at:
- British Columbia Birth Registrations (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- British Columbia, Victoria Times Birth, Marriage and Death Notices (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- British Columbia Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records
Effective family research requires some understanding of the historical events that may have affected your family and the records about them. Learning about wars, governments, laws, migrations, and religious trends may help you understand political boundaries, family movements, and settlement patterns. Read more....
Featured Training and Online Forum
Did You Know?
The earliest denominations in British Columbia were Roman Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Congregational. Many of their records can be found in the archives building of British Columbia Information Management Services.read more...
Things You Can Do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: