Brinton, Norfolk Genealogy
BRINTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the hundred of Holt, W. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (W. S. W.) from Holt. 
Brinton St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the Holt deanery of the diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837- 1869
- Walsingham 1869- 1938
- Fakenham 1939-1974
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Images of the parish registers may be viewed online in Historic Records (formerly Record Search) Norfolk Record Office reference PD 504
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
The Brinton Union survived until 1869 incorporation into:
Walsingham http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/walsingham_workhouse.htm for further information see
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel, A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 379-389.