Brigham City Utah Family History Center/Classes
Family History Center
|531 N 100 W|
Brigham City, Utah
|Mon: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Tue-Thurs: 9:00 am – 8 pm
Fri-Sat: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Calendar and Events
All classes are held in the Book Room of the Family History Center and will be limited to 12 patrons. Because of the smaller class size, advance registration is needed. Please register in advance by calling the Brigham City Family History Center at 723-5995.
Occasionally classes will be held in the Relief Society Room which will accommodate larger groups. Advance registration is not needed for any classes held in the Relief Society Room.
If there are not enough patrons signed up for a particular class, the class will be canceled. Some classes may be repeated at a later time if there is enough interest.
- Saturday, June 23 at 10:00 am - Danish Workshop - Military, Census, and Probate Records, taught by Anita Olsen
- Tuesday, June 19 at 2:00 pm Source Box in FamilySearch Family Tree, taught by Claudia Ross
- Wednesday, June 20 at 10:00 am - Source Box in FamilySearch Family Tree, taught by Claudia Ross (repeat of June 19th class)
- Wednesday, June 20 at 7:00 pm - Source Box in FamilySearch Family Tree, taught by Claudia Ross (repeat of June 19th class)
- Thursday, July 12 at 7:00 pm* - Creating RootsMagic Sources Using FamilySearch Source Citations from Historical Records, taught by Claudia Ross. The Source Citations and Sub-citations provided in FamilySearch Historical Records can easily be used in recording free-form sources in RootsMagic. *Hands-on workshop requires advance registration. Call 723-5995 to reserve a computer. Class limited to 6. Sample database will be provided.
- Monday, July 16 at 10:00 am - Splitting Files in Personal Ancestral File, taught by Vern Backman
- Tuesday July 17 at 10:00 am* - Using Windows 7 to Snip and Print Screen Contents, taught by Claudia Ross. Windows 7 technology makes it possible to snip screen content and then easily print it without using Irfanview or Picasa. This is particularly helpful in printing Ancestry.com censuses.
*Hands-on workshop requires advance registration. Call 723-5995 to reserve a computer. Class limited to 6.
- Wednesday, July 18 at 10:00 am - RootsMagic Basics, taught by Vicki Rasmussen
Class will continue to build your skills in this multi-capability genealogical database.
- Saturday, July 21 at 10:00-noon - Swedish Research Workshop, taught by Anita Olsen
Class will consider Swedish research basics.
- Thursday, July 26 at 7:00 pm - Family History Consultants Round Table Discussion
Discussion Leaders: Shirlee and Roger Hendrickson. All ward Family History Consultants are invited to come share your successes, frustrations, problems and ideas with others.
Staff Training Meeting
Thursday, October 18 at 7:00 pm