Difference between revisions of "Brigham City Utah Family History Center/Classes"
m (Removed extraneous FCK editor code)
m (added a category)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 16:31, 5 April 2012
Family History Center
|531 N 100 W|
Brigham City, Utah
|Mon: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Tue-Thurs: 9:00 am – 8 pm
Fri-Sat: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Calendar and Events
All classes are held in the Book Room of the Family History Center and will be limited to 12 patrons. Because of the smaller class size, advance registration is needed. Please register in advance by calling the Brigham City Family History Center at 723-5995.
Occasionally classes will be held in the Relief Society Room which will accommodate larger groups. Advance registration is not needed for any classes held in the Relief Society Room.
If there are not enough patrons signed up for a particular class, the class will be canceled. Some classes may be repeated at a later time if there is enough interest.
A class title in blue indicates there is a handout available. Click on the blue title to view the handout.
- Wednesday, February 1 at 10:00 am - Share Your Ancestor's Life with a Google Earth Tour, taught by Sheri Lynn Lemon. Class will be held in the Relief Society Room. No advance registration required.
- Tuesday, February 7 at 10:00 am - Swedish Research in ArkivDigital Online (a pay website which is free at the Family History Center) taught by Anita Olsen
- Thursday, February 9 at 7:00 pm - Introduction to Indexing taught by Roger Hendrickson
- Monday, February 13 at 10:00 am - Using Legacy with new FamilySearch taught by Shari Duce
- Tuesday, February 21 at 7:00 pm - Introduction to Ancestry.com (a pay website which is free at the Family History Center) taught by Jolene Patrick
- Wednesday, February 22 at 10:00 am - Entering Sources in RootsMagic taught by Vicki Rasmussen
- Monday, February 27 at 10:00 at - Using Ancestral Quest with new FamilySearch taught be Vern Backman
- Tuesday, March 6 at 10:00 am – Legacy – Basic – Questions/Answers, taught by Duce
- Wednesday, March 7 at 10:00 am – RootsMagic – Basic – Questions/Answers, taught by Rasmussen
- Thursday, March 8 at 2:00 pm – Indexing Basics, taught by Hendrickson
- Monday, March 12 at 10:00 am – Basic Genealogy – Where to Start, taught by Hall
- Tuesday, March 13 at 10:00 am – Personal Ancestral File Refresher – Focus/Filter, taught by Keller
- Monday, March 19 at 10:00 am – Find a Grave Basics, taught by Schow
- Tuesday, March 20 at 10:00 am – Preview of FamilySearch Family Tree, taught by Ross , Held in RS Room, NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Thursday, March 22 at 7:00 pm – Finding Censuses on LDS Wiki, taught by Sharp
- Tuesday, March 27 at 2:00 pm – Easy Color Coding of Family Folders, taught by Hess
- Thursday, April 5 at 2:00 pm - Indexing 1940 Census Workshop, taught by Roger Hendrickson
- Tuesday, April 10 at 10:00 am - How to Download and Use Irfanview, taught by Shari Duce
- Wednesday, April 11 at 7:00 pm - Indexing 1940 Census Workshop, taught by Roger Hendrickson
- Thursday, April 12 at 7:00 pm - Personal Ancestral File Refresher - Entering notes and sources, taught by Vern Backman
- Tuesday, April 17 at 10:00 am - Using FamilySearch Catalog, taught by Claudia Ross
- Wednesday, April 18 at 7:00 pm - [Indexing 1940 Census Workshop], taught by Roger Hendrickson
- Thursday, April 19 at 10:00 am - Beginning Genealogical Research, taught by Anita Olsen
- Thursday, April 19 at 2:00 pm - Indexing 1940 Census Workshop, taught by Roger Hendrickson
- Monday, April 23 at 10:00 am - Personal Ancestral File Refresher - Entering notes and sources, taught by Vern Backman
- Tuesday, April 24 at 10:00 am - Why You Need to Use Dropbox, taught by Anita Olsen
- Saturday, April 28 at 10:00 am–noon - Danish Workshop, taught by Anita Olsen
Staff Training Meeting
Thursday, April 19 at 7:00 pm