Brazoria County, Texas Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 Sources
In 1836 Velasco was the site of the provisional government of Texas and the site of the signing of theTreaty of Velasco which ended the Texas Revolution. Part of Stephen F. Austin's Colony.
Brazoria County was created on 17 March 1836 from Old Mexican Municipality. County seat: Angleton The county was named for the Brazos River, and is located near the metro area of Houston/Baytown, Texas
Towns and Cities: | Alvin | Angleton | Brazoria | Brookside Village | Clute , Damon |, Danbury | East Columbia | Freeport | Holiday Lakes | Lake Jackson | Liverpool | Manvel | Oyster Creek | Pearland | Quintana | Richwood | Sandy Point | Surfside Beach | Sweeny | West Columbia |
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Publishers, 2002), 659.