Brandon, South Dakota
Brandon, Minnehaha, South Dakota
Brandon is located in Minnehaha County, South Dakota. The township of Brandon was surveyed in 1859 and 1860s. Brandon's first settler was Nels Nelson Graff who was born in Sweden in1842, emigrated to America in 1869 and settled in Brandon, in May of 1870.
Biographical sketches of some of the early settlers of Brandon, many came from Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
There are six Cemeteries listed in Brandon from the Minnehaha County Cemetery list, they are:
|North Split Rock||Brandon||Brandon||11|
|Split Rock||Brandon||Split Rock||33|
Today there are about fifteen churches listed in Brandon, South Dakota a few of these are:
- Blessed Redeemer Lutheran Church, 705 S. Sioux Blvd, Brandon, SD 57005, (605)-582-2396
- Brandon Valley Assembly of God 201 S Sioux Blvd Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-7622
- Brandon Lutheran Church PO Box 320, Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-3401
- Brandon Valley Baptist Church 400 S Splitrock Blvd Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-2248
- Celebration United Methodist Church 316 River Oak St Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-7911
- First Slavik Church 200 S 1st Ave Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-7984
- Living Springs Church 901 S Splitrock Blvd Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-7420
- Split Rock Lutheran Church, 48215 258 St., Brandon, SD 57005, (605)-582-3569
- Swedona Covenant Church 25843 479th Ave Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-3261
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 48384 Valley View Cir, Valley Springs, SD, (605)-583-8528
Genealogical and Historical Societies
- Sioux Valley Genealogical Society 200 West 6th St. Sioux Falls, SD 57104-6001, they meet every 1st Thursday from 7:00 to 9:00 except Julyand August, in the Old Court House Museum.
- Society South Dakota State Hisotrical Society State Archives 900 Governors Dr. Pierre, SD 57501 p: 605-773-3804 f: 605-773-6041 The society was created in 1891 and now the State Archives has collected over 12,000 cubic feet of records that document many aspects of South Dakota’s history and heritage. Most of these records are available for public research.
History of Brandon Township
History of Brandon Township, the early Split Rock Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church, Brandon Co-Operative Creamery Company and the Brandon Township Board from 1880 to 1899.
- Brandon Library 305 S Splitrock Blvd Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-2390
- Siouxland Libraries Main Branch 200 N. Dakota Ave. P.O. Box 7403 Sioux Falls, SD 57117-7403
Email Address: email@example.com phone: (605) 367-8720 Fax number: (605) 367-4312
- Brandon City Map updated Nov 2010
- Brandon Offical Zoning Map
- Brandon Street Index updated Dec 2008
- Brandon Township, Minnehaha County Survey Map
- Dakota Territory Map issued by the railroad commisioner Nov 1886
- Minnehaha County Map 1895
- Topographic Map of Brandon, South Dakota
The Old Courthouse Museum and the Pettigrew Home & Museum, known as the Siouxland Heritage Museums, have extensive manuscript and archival holdings. Please contact the Collections Department at 605.367.4210 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to make an appointment.
- Argus Leader 200 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls, SD 57104 (605) 331-2200.
- Brandon Valley Challenger 1400 Cedar St Brandon, SD 57005 (605) 582-6025
- Obituaries from the Brandon Valley Challenger the local newspaper.
- Obituaries from the Argus Leader a regional newspaper in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Obituaries in the collection of the Sioux Valley Genealogical Society Library. This database has been updated to over 100,000
Public and Vital Records
- Minnehaha County Public Records Directory of court locations in Minnehaha County, South Dakota. Includes local links to searching court records, dockets, legal research, self help, and more.
- Register of Deeds Minnehaha County Register of Deeds Email Address: email@example.com
Mailing Address:Administration Building, 1st Floor,415 N. Dakota Ave. Sioux Falls, SD 57104 Phone Number: (605) 367-4223 Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (including the noon hour) *Excluding Holidays
- Birth Record Search Site For South Dakota Birth Records With Birth Dates Over 100 Years, see Register of Deeds Minnehaha County for later birth records.
- Marriage records in Minnehaha County date back to 1872, some of which occurred when South Dakota was known as “Dakota Territory”, before statehood and before individual counties were established. See above information of the Register of Deeds Minnehaha County.
- Death Records See Register of Deeds Minnehaha County
City Information Brandon City Offices are located at 304 Main Ave, Brandon, SD 57005
Brandon Chamber of Commerce
Brandon Valley School District is the 5th largest school district and located on the eastern edge of South Dakota, bordering Minnesota and Iowa. The school district consists of four cities: Brandon, Valley Springs, Corson, and Rowena and consists of six schools: