Bradford County, Florida Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Named for Captain Richard Bradford who was killed in the American Civil War's Battle of Santa Rosa Island.
1865 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
Florida Vol. 1
page 64 - Conner Cemetery
page 66 - Dyal Cemetery
page 76 - Evergreen Cemetery
Florida Vol. 7
page 114 - Evergreen Cemetery
page 118 - Kelly Family Cemetery
page 119 - McKinney Family Cemeteyr
page 121 - Markey Family Cemetery
page 122 - Parrish Family Cemetery
page 123 - Strickland Family Cemetery
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, and mortality.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Bradford County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).