Box Butte County, Nebraska Genealogy
Box Butte County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Box Butte County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Box Butte County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 23, 1887|
|Address|| Box Butte County Courthouse|
515 Box Butte Ave. #203
Alliance, Nebraska 69301
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Box Butte County Courthouse
515 Box Butte Ave #203;
Alliance, NE 69301
County Clerk has marriage and land records.
County Judge has probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
For tips on accessing Box Butte County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Box Butte County, Nebraska page 428, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).