Bolivar County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:06, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1 (<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places and Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1836--Bolivar County was created 9 February 1836 from the Choctaw Cession. Records are housed in Rosedale and Cleveland. County seat: Cleveland 
Places and Localities
- Chicot County, Arkansas
- Desha County, Arkansas
- Phillips County, Arkansas
- Civil War service men from Bolivar County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Bolivar County.
- - 1st Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry (Miller's)
- Company A - Mississippi Rifles
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company H - Bolivar Troop
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).