Bolivar County, Mississippi Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places and Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1836--Bolivar County was created 9 February 1836 from the Choctaw Cession. Records are housed in Rosedale and Cleveland.
County seat: Cleveland 
Places and Localities
- Chicot County, Arkansas
- Desha County, Arkansas
- Phillips County, Arkansas
For tips on accessing Bolivar County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Bolivar County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Bolivar County.
- - 1st Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry (Miller's)
- Company A - Mississippi Rifles
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company H - Bolivar Troop
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).