Bladen County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Bladen County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Bladen County North Carolina
Courthouse Dr P O Box 247
Elizabethtown, NC 28337
Courthouse burned 1800 & 1893
reg of Deeds has b & D rec from 1914
m rec from 1893 & land rec from 1734
Clk Sup Ct has div & ct rec from 1893 & pro rec from 1734
Bladen County was formed from New Hanover in 1734
1800, 1893--Courthouse fires destroyed most of the court records and several land records.
For tips on accessing Bladen County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Bladen County students at NC colleges - list via the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- NCGenWeb: Bladen County - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Bladen County, North Carolina p. 506. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).