Black Mountain Nevada Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Black Mountain Family History Center serves patrons in the eastern area of Henderson. It has microfilm readers and a microfiche reader. There are seven computers for the use of patrons and ongoing training classes.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 400 S. Water Street in Henderson, Nevada 89015
- Enter at the back of the building. There is a sign on the door indicating it is the entrance to the Family History Center. There is a doorbell to the left of the door.
- Location on Map
Phone: (702) 564-7531 during open hours
- Mon: 9-12:00 noon
- Tues: 9-12:00 noon and 6-9:00 pm
- Wed: 6-9:00 pm
- Thur: 9-3:00 pm
- Fri: 9-12:00 noon
- Closed major holidays
- Open by appointment only, from Nov. 19-24 and from Dec. 17 through Jan. 7, 2013
Calendar and Events
MAY 5 FREE FAMILY HISTORY SEMINAR: Our "Family History Quest" will start with check-in from 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 A.M. and our seminar begins at 8:30 A.M., at 400 S. Water Street in Henderson, NV. There will be a variety of classes to choose from and a free light lunch. To make sure we have sufficient food and handouts for everyone, please Email us at, email@example.com with your name and the number attending in your group. If you would like to receive a class schedule, when you Email us with the number in your group, request a class schedule and include the Email address you would like to have the schedule sent to.
FAMILY HISTORY TRAINING CLASSES: We will soon be scheduling training classes. If you would like to be kept informed of the date, time and topics to be presented, please Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Email address where you would like the training class schedule sent.
- Family History Library Catalog: Patrons may order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog online from their own homes.
Databases and Software
- Free access to: Ancestry.com, Fold 3 (formerly Footnote), World Vital Records and others through the FHC Portal
Hardware and Equipment
- To help individuals do their research we have 7 computers, microfilm readers and printers
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome genealogy enthusiasts who would like to share their expertise and/or time helping others. Each shift is for three hours.