Bettws-Ieuvan, Cardiganshire Genealogy
"BETTWS-IEUVAN, or EVAN (BETTWS-IEUAN), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of TROEDYRAUR, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 5 Miles (N.) from Newcastle-Emlyn, containing 386 inhabitants. This parish is situated a short distance to the east of the turnpike road leading from Cardigan to Aberystwith. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed, with that of Brongwyn, to the vicarage of Penbryn in the archdeaconry of Cardigan, and diocese of St. David's. The church, dedicated to St. John, has been recently repaired, and has received two hundred and fifty additional sittings, of which one hundred are free, the Incorporated Society for the building and enlargement of churches and chapels having granted £25 towards defraying the expense. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor is £ 124.6."
[From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833] For further information see Bettws Evan at genuki.org.uk.