Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel
Return to the Middlesex Parishes page.
Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel, located on Old Nichol Street, was the first Episcopal chapel to be built within the boundaries of St Matthew's Bethnal Green Parish, in the year 1814. An episcopal chapel built in 1814 by the Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews. It was closed in 1895 and later became Holy Trinity.
- [Adapted from: 'Bethnal Green: The Parish Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. 212-217. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22761 Date accessed: 16 March 2010.]