Difference between revisions of "Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (cat)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Return to the [[Middlesex Parishes A-B]] page, or return to the [[Middlesex Church Records]] page.  
 
Return to the [[Middlesex Parishes A-B]] page, or return to the [[Middlesex Church Records]] page.  
  
Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel, located on Old Nichol Street, was the first additional Episcopal chapel to be built within the boundaries of St Matthew's Bethnal Green in the year 1814. An episcopal chapel was erected in 1814 by the Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews, attached to which are two schools, wherein 50 boys and nearly 60 girls are maintained, clothed, and instructed; the schools are supported by voluntary contributions. The Episcopal Jews' chapel closed in 1895 and later became Holy Trinity.  
+
Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel, located on Old Nichol Street,&nbsp;was the first&nbsp;Episcopal chapel to be built within the boundaries of St Matthew's Bethnal Green Parish, in the year 1814. An episcopal chapel built&nbsp;in 1814 by the Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews. It was&nbsp;closed in 1895 and later became Holy Trinity.<ref>[Adapted from:&amp;nbsp; 'Bethnal Green: The Parish Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. 212-217. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22761 Date accessed: 16 March 2010.]</ref>
  
 
&nbsp;  
 
&nbsp;  
 
[Adapted from:&nbsp; 'Bethnal Green: The Parish Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. 212-217. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22761 Date accessed: 16 March 2010.]
 
  
 
[[Category:Middlesex]]
 
[[Category:Middlesex]]

Revision as of 19:50, 9 February 2012

Return to the Middlesex Parishes A-B page, or return to the Middlesex Church Records page.

Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel, located on Old Nichol Street, was the first Episcopal chapel to be built within the boundaries of St Matthew's Bethnal Green Parish, in the year 1814. An episcopal chapel built in 1814 by the Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews. It was closed in 1895 and later became Holy Trinity.[1]

 
  1. [Adapted from:&nbsp; 'Bethnal Green: The Parish Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. 212-217. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22761 Date accessed: 16 March 2010.]