Difference between revisions of "Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(added info and links)
(11 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel, located on Old Nichol Street, was the first additional Episcopal chapel to be built within the boundaries of St Matthew's Bethnal Green in the year 1814. The Episcopal Jews' chapel closed in 1895 and later became Holy Trinity.
+
''[[England]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Middlesex]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Middlesex Parishes|Middlesex Parishes]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Bethnal_Green_Jews'_Episcopal_Chapel|Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel]]''  
  
 
+
== Chapel History  ==
  
[Adapted from:  'Bethnal Green: The Parish Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. 212-217. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22761 Date accessed: 16 March 2010.]
+
'Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel, located on Old Nichol Street,&nbsp;was the first&nbsp;Episcopal chapel to be built within the boundaries of [[Bethnal Green St Matthew, Middlesex|St Matthew's Bethnal Green Parish]], in the year 1814. An episcopal chapel built&nbsp;in 1814 by the Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews. It was&nbsp;closed in 1895 and later became Holy Trinity.'<ref>Adapted from: 'Bethnal Green: The Parish Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. 212-217. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22761 Date accessed: 16 March 2010.</ref>
 +
 
 +
== References  ==
 +
 
 +
<references />
 +
 
 +
{{Middlesex}}
 +
 
 +
==== Census records<br> ====
 +
 
 +
{{British Census|438807}}<br>
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Middlesex]]

Revision as of 19:19, 9 November 2012

England Gotoarrow.png Middlesex Gotoarrow.png Middlesex Parishes Gotoarrow.png Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel

Chapel History

'Bethnal Green Jews' Episcopal Chapel, located on Old Nichol Street, was the first Episcopal chapel to be built within the boundaries of St Matthew's Bethnal Green Parish, in the year 1814. An episcopal chapel built in 1814 by the Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews. It was closed in 1895 and later became Holy Trinity.'[1]

References

  1. Adapted from: 'Bethnal Green: The Parish Church', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11: Stepney, Bethnal Green (1998), pp. 212-217. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22761 Date accessed: 16 March 2010.

Census records

Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.