Berkeley County, South Carolina Cemeteries
- See also the main article on genealogical research in Berkeley County, South Carolina.
The South Carolina Cemeteries page provides explanations of the following online resources:
|Bibliography||Online Gravestone Transcriptions||Cemetery Gazetteers|
|FHLC||Find A Grave | national search | county list||ePodunk|
|WorldCat||USGenWeb Tombstone Transcription Project|
To be thorough, search online and printed versions of a cemetery's gravestones. If you have the opportunity, visiting the cemetery in person can yield important clues.
- Belle Isle Cemetery, Berkeley County, South Carolina. Typescript, Caroliniana Library. Microfilmed 1951. FHL Film 22726 Item 21.
- Berkeley County Historical Society. Cemetery Records, a Documentary of Cemetery ... Reports and Grave Relocation by Santee Cooper .. 1939-1941. 1986. FHL Book 975.7 V3c.
- Cawley, Henry Hughes. Tombstone Inscriptions from Old Colonial Plantations and Old Parish Churches Including Mt. Holly, Honeyhill, Bonneau, Berkeley County; and Remini, Clarendon County, South Carolina. FHL Book 975.7 A1 no. 7.
- Davis, F. Dewey and Luceile Davis. Cemetery Records, Berkeley County, South Carolina. Typescript. Microfilmed 1970. FHL Film 496863 Item 2. [Includes records for Belle Isle Plantation, Pineville, S. C.; Biggins Church, Moncks Corner, S. C., Bonneau Baptist Cemetery, Bonneau S. C.; Eccles Methodist Church, Huger, S. C.; Half Way Creek Church Cemetery, Huger, S. C.; St. Johns Church, Pinopolis, S.C.; Strawberry Chapel, Coredesville, S. C.; St. Thomas Church, Cainhoy, S. C.]
- Dwight, H.R. "Inscriptions from Tombstones in Graveyard at Hanover Plantation, St. John's Parish, Berkeley County, S. C.," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 41, No. 2 (Apr. 1940):74. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Hood, Mildred K., Margit S. Benton, and South Carolina Genealogical Society. Charleston Chapter. Berkeley County Cemetery Inscriptions. Charleston, S.C.: Charleston Chapter, South Carolina Genealogical Society, 1985?. FHL Book 975.793 V3b.