Beddington, Surrey Genealogy
Beddington, Surrey family history and genealogy research page. Guide to parish registers (baptisms, christenings, marriages, and burials), civil registration (births, marriages, and deaths), census records, history, wills, cemetery, online transcriptions and indexes, an interactive map and website resources.
Beddington parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Sutton Parish Records Online|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Some additional later churches built in this ancient parish include:
- Holy Trinity Wallington - 1867
- St Michael (Bandon Hill), South Beddington - 1871
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- 'About Sutton, Surrey, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812,' Ancestry, accessed 11 April 2016.
- 'About Sutton, Surrey, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1915,' Ancestry, accessed 11 April 2016.
- 'About Sutton, Surrey, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1940,' Ancestry, accessed 11 April 2016.
- 'About Sutton, Surrey, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1985' Ancestry, accessed 11 April 2016.
- Reid, John D. 'Ancestry adds Sutton, Surrey records,' Canada's Anglo-Celtic Connections, 9 April 2016, http://anglo-celtic-connections.blogspot.com/2016/04/ancestry-adds-sutton-surrey-records.html, accessed 11 April 2016.
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as St Mary, Beddington in Sutton Borough. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as Beddington in Sutton Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as Beddington in Sutton Borough. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as Beddington in Sutton Borough. Partially indexed.
- 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 14 April 2012.
- "Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county," Origins.net (WayBack Machine), accessed 27 March 2012.
- Batches C132711, C013312, P013311, M013311, M132711, see: Hugh Wallis, "IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England," IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Surrey,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 11 April 2012.
- 'Surrey Marriage Index - Parishes in the index,' British Origins, accessed 18 September 2012.
- 'About Surrey and South London Will Abstracts 1470-1858,' Origins.net, accessed 27 June 2012.