Beaver, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p 50-53.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
Church Units and Boundaries as of 1941
Beaver, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches: Stake(s): Beaver Stake, Utah
- Beaver East Ward: all of the town east of Telegraph Street.
- Beaver West Ward: all of the town west of Telegraph Street.
Obtain the Records
Records up to about 1948 are available, usually on microfilm.
- List of church records. of Beaver, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- Check the Church History Library for additional records.
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1851, January. Pioneers of Parowan, Utah passed through the valley. After that, most travelers from Salt Lake City passed through here to points south.
- 1851-1855. Many settlers from Parowan and Cedar City desired to relocate here due to more plentiful water.
- 1856. A few families were selected from the Parowan Mormon settlement to move to Beaver Valley.
- 1856, February 10. The Beaver Creek Branch was organized.
- 1858. A number of settlers came to Beaver Valley when the San Bernardino, California Mormon settlement was broken up.
- 1869, March 12. Beaver was divided into two wards: Beaver 1st Ward (all of the town West of Telegraph Street) and Beaver 2nd Ward (all of the town East of Telegraph Street).
- 1891, June 30. 1st and 2nd Wards were merged to make the Beaver Ward.
- 1905, January 22. Beaver Ward was again divided into Beaver East and Beaver West wards. (Both were still in existence in 1941)
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.