Beaver, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
In 1940, Beaver Stake contained all wards and branches located in Beaver County. The town of Beaver contained Beaver East and Beaver West wards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Note: Unless otherwise noted, all information on this page came from Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 50-54. Online through BYU Books. (Free) Text searchable.
Town of Beaver, Beaver County, Utah
Boundaries and neighboring wards, branches
- 1851, January. Pioneers of Parowan, Utah passed through the valley. After that, most travelers from Salt Lake City passed through here to points south.
- 1851-1855. Many settlers from Parowan and Cedar City desired to relocate here due to more plentiful water.
- 1856. A few families were selected from the Parowan Mormon settlement to move to Beaver Valley.
- 1856, February 10. The Beaver Creek Branch was organized.
- 1858. A number of settlers came to Beaver Valley when the San Bernardino, California Mormon settlement was broken up.
- 1869, March 12. Beaver was divided into two wards: Beaver 1st Ward (all of the town West of Telegraph Street) and Beaver 2nd Ward (all of the town East of Telegraph Street).
- 1891, June 30. 1st and 2nd Wards were merged to make the Beaver Ward.
- 1905, January 22. Beaver Ward was again divided into Beaver East and Beaver West wards. (Both were still in existence in 1940)