Difference between revisions of "Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy"
(added vital records intro)
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
==== Local Histories
==== Local Histories ====
==== Maps ====
==== Maps ====
Revision as of 00:24, 1 August 2013
Guide to Beauregard Parish Louisiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Beauregard Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||June 12, 1912|
|Address|| 201 First St |
DeRidder, LA 70634
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Beauregard Parish Courthouse
412 Mayeaux Drive
De Ridder, LA 70634-0310
Parish Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate, court and land records from 1913..
- French: Paroisse de Beauregard
- Named for Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard, a Confederate general in the Civil War and one of the designer of the Confederate Battle Flag.
See an interactive map of Louisiana boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- City: DeRidder
- Town: Merryville
- Communities: Dry Creek . Field . Longville . Oretta . Ragley . Singer . Sugartown
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Louisiana Land and Property for additional information about early Louisiana land ownership. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse where records are also currently housed.
Local histories are available for Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories see the wiki page section Louisiana Local Histories.
- Family Maps of Beauregard Parish, Louisiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Confederate Veterans of Civil War
- Confederate States of America Veterans
- Stores of Confederate States of America Veterans
- Confederate pension applications
- 1 BN 2 Regiment, Louisiana Volunteer Cavalry Scouts
- World War I
- World War Draft Registration Cards
Louisiana statewide registration of birth and death records began in 1911. Births and deaths are kept by the Louisiana Vital Records Registry. Marriages were recorded by each parish, and the records are at the parish clerk of court office. See also How to order Louisiana Vital Records or order electronically online.
See Louisiana Vital Records for more information on getting Louisiana records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Beauregard Parish.
- The Beauregard Parish LAGenWeb Project, an member of The LAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project, for Beauregard Parish.
- Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Beauregard Parish, Louisiana p. 289 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Handybook" defined multiple times with different content