Baton Rouge Louisiana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our mission is to help patrons find records of their ancestors
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address:10335 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- The entrance is at the rear of the first building. Parking is at our door.
- Map to Baton Rouge Family History Center
Open Hours: Tuesday: 1:00 – 4:00 pm Thursday: 4:00 – 7:00 pm Saturday: 9:00 - noon
2013 Closure Dates: Feb 23, March 30, Aug 31, Oct 5, November 26 - 30, December 16 - 31
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: The Baton Rouge Family History Center participates in the microfilm lending program of the Family History Library. Available microfilm and microfiche can be found through the Family History Library Catalog. Online microfilm and microfiche ordering is at www.familysearch.org/films. Microfilm and microfiche ordered online are viewed at the Family History Center.
- Our book room has about 500 books, including Father Hebert's Catholic Church records of South Louisiana and the published Catholic Diocese records of both New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Secure Wi-Fi access for your electronic devices.
- Four microfilm readers and two microfiche readers.
- Four computers are available for patron use. Bring your thumb drive
- Printer and printer / copier which prints both sides
- Our Minolta film reader allows patrons to print copies of microfilms or store them on their own thumb drive.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We are seeking a couple to take a three hour shift once a month. A staff member will be with you until you feel comfortable in the center alone.
Adding details to a FHC page article.