Barron Wisconsin Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contact and Hours
Location & Map:
644 6th Street
Barron, WI 54812
- This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- Family History Center entrance is located at the Northwest door of the church building. Need to ring bell for entrance to the Family History Center.
- Map to maps.google.com/
Phone: 715-537-3679 (Call during Family History Center Hours)
- Tuesday 10:00 am - 3 pm
- Thursday 2:00 pm - 7 pm
- Call in case of inclement weather
Closed Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend
- Closed July 4
- First week of April and first week of October
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
- Other sporadic closings through the year.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Two microfiche/microfilm reader, printer, 4 computers
Resources in the Local Area
Barron County Library
330 E LaSalle Ave Rm 108, Barron, WI 54812
Blue Hills Genealogical Society:
Barron County Register of Deeds
330 E. LaSalle Avenue
Barron, WI 54812
Volunteer at the Center
Looking for anyone who has extra time to do at least 2 hours during hours above.