Baker County, Florida Genealogy
Guide to Baker County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Baker County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||February 8, 1861|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Baker County Courthouse
339 E MacClenny Avenue
MacClenny, FL 32063-2100
County Judge has marriage and probate records
Circuit Court has divorce and court records from 1880
1888 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
( * indicates an incorporated city or town )
- Glen Saint Mary*
- Macclenny* (county seat)
- Manns Spur
- Pine Top
- Charlton County, Georgia
- Clinch County, Georgia
- Ware County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Baker County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Civil War Battle
- Civil War
- - Florida, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- - Florida, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- - Florida, Confederate Veterans and Widows Pension Applications, 1885-1955
- - Florida, Confederate Pension Applications Files
- - A Guide to Civil War Records at the State Archives of Florida
The following Civil War battle was fought in Baker County:
Map showing Civil War battles in Florida.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred or order electronically online. See also How to order Florida Vital Records
For some online statewide indexes, see the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections for Florida.
- 1877-1900 - Baker County Marriage Index 1877-1900. Batch M744361 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1877-1920 - Baker County Marriage Books A thru C Index 1877-1920. Batch M734997 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1900-1919 - Baker County Marriage Book 2 Index 1900-1919. Batch M734996 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1919-1927 - Baker County Marriage Books 3 thru 5 Index 1919-1927. Batch M734835 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- MacClenny Florida Family History Center
- MacClenny, Florida
- The Baker County FLGenWeb Project, a member of The FLGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Baker County FLGenWeb Project, Inc<
- Baker County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Baker County, Florida. Page 133 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 26 June 2012).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/54/Igiflorida.pdf.