Baker County, Alabama Genealogy
- This article is about a central Alabama county. For other uses, see Baker.
- 1868--Baker County was formed 30 December 1868 from Autauga, Bibb, Perry and Shelby counties.
- 1874--Renamed Chilton County 17 December 1874. 
For records of Baker County, see Chilton County, Alabama Genealogy.
Baker County had a destructive courthouse fire in 1870.
For suggestions about research in places that suffered historic record losses, see:
- Burned Counties. By Michael John Neill at 24-7 Family History Circle.
- When the Records are Gone. By Arlene Eakle at Arlene Eakle's Tennessee Blog.
- Burned Counties Research in the FamilySearch Research Wiki.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 35. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Baker County and it’s people, a county without a history in Alabama Pioneers (accessed 5 March 2014).