Baine County, Alabama Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:18, 1 October 2010 by Butlerwr (add nav bar)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1866--Baine County was created 7 December 1866 from Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, DeKalb, Marshall and St. Clair Counties. It was abolished 3 December 1867 and established as Etowah County 1 December 1868. 
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Alabama: Her History Resources, W. Brewer; pub. Montgomery, Alabama, 1872.
- Alabama History, Joel Campbell Dubose; pub. Atlanta 1908
- History of Alabama, Albert Burton Moore; pub. Chicago, 1927
- History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Thomas McAvory Owen; pub. Chicago, 1921.
- Report of the Alabama History Commission, Thomas McAvory Owen; pub. Montgomery, Alabama 1901
- History of Alabama, Albert James Pickett; pub. Birmingham, Alabama 1878