Axminster, Dorset Genealogy
Axminster, parish and market town, in the above hundred. Axminister is an ancient parish partly in Devon and partly in Dorse, and is on river Axe, 25 miles NE. of Exeter and 144 miles SW. of London by rail.
- Wilson, John M., Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales publ. London and Edinburgh: 1870
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 21 May 2012.
- Roger Granville and W.E. Mugford, Abstracts of the Existing Transcripts of the Lost Parish-Registers of Devon, 1596-1644 (Exeter: William Pollard and Co. Ltd., 1908). Digitised by Internet Archive.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.