Audrey, Baker County, Oregon
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:10, 1 September 2008 by Dsammy (added directional link)
- Post office was established March 1902 and discontinued April 1918. The first postmaster was Lemuel D. King, named for his daughter Audrey. The office was on the North Fork Burnt River, about nine miles southeast of Whitney, at the old King King ranch and stage stop. Miss Audrey King married Charles Davidson. She was appointed postmaster at Audrey August 1912, after her marriage and served until the office was discontinued as of 15 April 1949. The Davidsons were living in Salem in 1949.