Difference between revisions of "Audrey, Baker County, Oregon"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Post office was established March 1902 and discontinued April 1918. The first postmaster was Lemuel D. King, named for his daughter Audrey. The office was on the North Fork Burnt River, about nine miles southeast of Whitney, at the old King King ranch and stage stop. Miss Audrey King married Charles Davidson. She was appointed postmaster at Audrey August 1912, after her marriage and served until the office was discontinued as of 15 April 1949. The Davidsons were living in Salem in 1949.
+
{{Oregon-stub}}''[[United States|United States]] > [[Oregon|Oregon]] > Baker County > Audrey''
[[Category:Baker County, Oregon]]
+
 
 +
*Post office was established March 1902 and discontinued April 1918. The first postmaster was Lemuel D. King, named for his daughter Audrey. The office was on the North Fork Burnt River, about nine miles southeast of Whitney, at the old King King ranch and stage stop. Miss Audrey King married Charles Davidson. She was appointed postmaster at Audrey August 1912, after her marriage and served until the office was discontinued as of 15 April 1949. The Davidsons were living in Salem in 1949.
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Baker_County,_Oregon]]

Revision as of 07:27, 26 August 2010

Template:Oregon-stubUnited States > Oregon > Baker County > Audrey

  • Post office was established March 1902 and discontinued April 1918. The first postmaster was Lemuel D. King, named for his daughter Audrey. The office was on the North Fork Burnt River, about nine miles southeast of Whitney, at the old King King ranch and stage stop. Miss Audrey King married Charles Davidson. She was appointed postmaster at Audrey August 1912, after her marriage and served until the office was discontinued as of 15 April 1949. The Davidsons were living in Salem in 1949.