Difference between revisions of "Atchison County, Kansas Genealogy"
m (removed category)
|Line 100:||Line 100:|
Revision as of 01:48, 2 February 2013
- This article is about a northeastern Kansas County. For other uses, see Atchison.
Atchison County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Atchison County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Atchison County Courthouse|
423 N. 5th Street
Atchison, Kansas 66002
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Atchison County Courthouse
423 N 5th Street
Atchison, KS 66002
County Clerk has birth records 1891-1906 and death records 1891-1911;
City Clerk has birth and death records from 1911.
Clerk District Court has divorce Records.
Magistrate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1855--Atchison County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Atchison 
"The story of a Kansas parish : being a compilation from the records and a partial survey of the work and some of the workers of Trinity Church, Atchison, Kansas, from 1857 to 1911 (1911)" by Francis S White.
Some great stories and detailed information about the church's growth from 1859 forward, including photos of the ministers. You can read this book online at archive.org, no copyrights.
"History of Atchison County, Kansas (1916)" by Ingalls, Sheffield Lawrence, Kansas, Standard Publishing Co.
This book gives a lot of local information, including biographies and photos of prominent citizens, history of towns, churches, railroads, etc. You can read it online at archive.org ; no copyrights
Early migration routes to and from Atchison County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- Men from Atchison County enlisted in 1st Infantry Regiment, Company A.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Atchison County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Atchison County, Kansas 248 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).