Aston sub Edge, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Aston sub Edge, Gloucestershire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Aston sub Edge, Gloucestershire|
|Poor Law Union||Evesham|
|Parish registers: 1537|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1612|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Aston sub Edge, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) (£)|
|FHSO = FHSOnline - (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|GOOG = Google Books - free|
|IARC= Internet Archive - free|
|JOIN = Joiner's Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|ASTON SUB EDGE PARISH (1539) Online Records|
|GOOG||1566-1718 (gaps)||1566-1718 (gaps)||1566-1718 (gaps)|
|IARC||1539-1800s (gaps)||1539-1800s (gaps)||1539-1800s (gaps)|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10337. Date accessed: 17 July 2013.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- T.P., Collections for Gloucestershire (1861). Digitised by Google Books - free.
- 'Descripton of an Ancient Register of the Parish of Aston-sub-Edge, co. Gloucester; with Extracts,' Collectanea Topographica et Genealogica, Vol. 7 (1841):279-285. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' Joiner's Marriage Index, accessed 29 January 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
Add any additional relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.