Ashtabula County, Ohio Genealogy
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Geauga and Trumbull Counties in 1808 (1811).
- County Seat: Jefferson
- Neighboring Counties: Ashtabula County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in 
See an interactive map of Ashtabula County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
* North Kingsville
* Roaming Shores
* Rock Creek
* Cherry Valley
* New Lyme
- Some Cemeteries in Ashtabula County with photos and transcriptions can be found on the Ashtablula County Genealogy Society's Website.
- Austin Cemetery - Austinburg | Beal Family Farm Cemetery -Cherry Valley | Denmark Cemetery - South Denmark
East Trumbull Cemetery - Trumbull Township | Hartsgrove Cemetery - South East | Hall Road - Pierpont
Lake Road Cemetery -Kingsville | Maple Grove - Andover | Mount Pleasant Cemetery - Geneva
Pioneer Cemetery - Windsor | Roberts Cemetery - Wayne Township | Windsor Cemetery - Windsor
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Ashtabula County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Ashtabula County.
The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio 4626 Park Ave. Ashtabula, OH 44004
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- A great source for transcribed records pertaining to Ashtabula County, Ohio, is the Ashtabula County site at US GenWeb. The site contains a multitude of databases, including obituaries, probate, military, tax lists,marriages as early as 1811, squirrel hunter records and many more -- all searchable through the main page.
- Another website with multiple databases of transcribed records is Genealogy Trails. The Ashtabula County section includes many marriages, births from 1867, obituaries & death records. Not all databases are complete.
1. The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002)
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed.(Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002)