Difference between revisions of "Ashford, Middlesex Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[England]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|]] [[Middlesex]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|]] [[Middlesex Parishes]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|]] [[London]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|]] [[London Parishes]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|]] [[Ashford,_Middlesex|Ashford]]''
== Parish History ==
== Parish History ==
Revision as of 06:24, 27 March 2012
'ASHFORD (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Staines, hundred of Spelthorne, county of Middlesex, 4 miles (Northeast by North) from Chertsey. It was built by the year 1696.'
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Ashford Manor records survive from the 1200s to the 1900s. The Manorial Documents Register serves as a guide to these records and where they are stored.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Wilson, John M.(1870-72)
- Samuel Lewis, ed. A Topographical Dictionary of England 85-88. (London: S. Lewis and Co., 1848), Online here, (accessed: 02 April 2010).
- 'Spelthorne Hundred: Ashford', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 2: General; Ashford, East Bedfont with Hatton, Feltham, Hampton with Hampton Wick, Hanworth, Laleham, Littleton (1911), pp. 306-309. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22201 Date accessed: 25 March 2012.
- London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as . Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as . Partially indexed.
- London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as . Partially indexed.
- London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as . Partially indexed.
- 'About Middlesex Baptisms Index 1538-1751,' British Origins, accessed 16 March 2012.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- 'West Middlesex Marriage Index Coverage,' FindMyPast, accessed 8 March 2012.
- 'Webb's London Marriages - Marriages, periods and parishes/churches,' British Origins, accessed 12 March 2012.
- W.P.W. Phillimore, Middlesex Parish Registers. Marriages, Vol. IV. (London: Phillimore & Co., Ltd., 1912). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- 'Middlesex Parish Record Transcripts,' The Genealogist, accessed 10 March 2012.
- 'Middlesex Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Derived from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- 'Search Marriage Records in Middlesex,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 20 March 2012.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm