Arlington Texas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 The Arlington Texas Family History Center is easily accessible from Interstate 20:
- 2 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 The center will be CLOSED on the following dates:
- 3.1 6 April 2013
- 3.1.1 We apologize for any inconvience this may cause.
- 3.1.2 Calendar and Events
- 3.1.3 Center Resources
- 3.1.4 Center Services
- 3.1.5 Resources in the Local Area
- 3.1.6 Links:
- 3.1.7 Volunteer at the Center
- 3.1 6 April 2013
The Arlington Texas Family History Center is easily accessible from Interstate 20:
Take exit 447 for Park Springs Boulevard
Turn North onto Park Springs Blvd
Turn right onto W Pleasant Ridge Rd
Take the 1st left onto Kelly Perkins Rd
Kelly Perkins Rd turns slightly left and becomes Curt Dr
Destination will be on the right
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 3809 Curt Drive, Arlington, Texas 76016
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the back side of the building.
- Location on Map
Wednesday: 10:00 - 2:00pm & 6:00 - 9:00pm
Thursday: 10:00 - 2:00pm
Saturday: 9:00 -1:00pm
The center will be CLOSED on the following dates:
6 April 2013
We apologize for any inconvience this may cause.
Calendar and Events
Annual Family History FAIR
1 March 2013; fireside
Legacy Class: second Saturday of each month; 2 PM
Staff Training Meetings
TBD; 7 PM at Family History Center
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Books: Atlases, research guides for various locations, published genealogies, back-issues of genealogical magazines.
- Microfiche: indexes of vital records, genealogical atlases, familiy histories, etc.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to third party premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Family Insight: has the capability to interact with New.FamilySearch to pull information from or put information into PAF.
- Get My Ancestors: allows downloads from New.FamilySearch to your database
Hardware and Equipment
- microfilm/fiche readers
- microfilm/fiche reader printer - can copy to your USB jump drive (AKA thumb drive or memory stick).
- How to get started.
- Provide research help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
Staff Research Specialists
- England research - Scott Snelson - 1st & 4th Saturday shifts
- Spanish translation - TBD
- South American research - TBD
- African American research - TBD
- German research - TBD
Non-Staff Research Specialists
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)